Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's been awhile.....

I got a new laptop tonight which means no more excuses for the lack of blog entries I have been posting lately. I think its been 3 months since the last time I updated! I feel like a real tech savvy blogger with my macbook, and hot chocolate. So lets see, the last time I posted was October...whats going on in the world of Olivia Taylor these days.
We celebrated Christmas which was a complete blast. You were spoiled by everyone, and enjoyed having your cousin Austin around for the Holidays to celebrate! It was a good thing you behaved for the most part since Santa was also so good to you!
A few days after Christmas on January 3rd we received our favorite gift of all! 8 lb 1 oz baby Jacob Tremblay was born! You are absolutely in awe over him. Its amazing to watch you interact with this newborn baby when it seems like just yesterday you were the newborn baby. You are such a great older cousin and the two of you, I'm sure, are going to cause some trouble together not too long from now. During "tummy time" you love to keep Jacob company and talk to him. I am sure he will learn a lot from you.
Since its been so long since the last time i blogged this entry is somewhat rambling and all over the place but at least its an update!
Uncle Andy came home from Afghanistan and will be in Massachusetts with us for a couple of weeks before he has to go back to North Carolina. We are happy he will be stateside. Just one day before Uncle Andy landed on US soil Uncle Jake deployed. We will be keeping him in our thoughts everyday.
Great Grandpa Smith turned 85 yesterday so we went over to his house to have cake and ice cream! Next weekend Uncle Rob and Uncle Chris will be flying in so we can take him out for a birthday dinner!
In just one more day you will be 22 months old. I can't believe how fast time is going. Mommy is not ready to have a 2 year old. Especially one who is as smart as you are. You sing songs, speak in sentences, can spell your name, know the abcs, can count to ten alone and to twenty with some help. I am so proud of everything you have learned over the past year and how much you have developed. At the same time, I wish I could get back some moments with you as an itty bitty baby, but there is one thing Mommy can not stop, and that is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hold her hands....She holds our hearts!
Olivia Taylor Powell
04/02/2009
7lbs 0 oz 19 in