Friday, June 25, 2010

Blog Makeover, Mommy Makeover!

The blog got a makeover thanks to Jumpingjaxdesigns! it was in desperate need of something and I love love love the new layout and colors! Becca rocks at what she does. Olivia you will probably hate pink when you are older and you have Mommy to thank for that!
So in the middle of being a mommy, a wifey, a chef(not to toot my own horn...but toot toot), taxi driver, and your biggest fan Mommy decided to train to run a half marathon. Well lets take things slow, right now I am training to run a 5k, then a 10k, and if all falls into place a half marathon....13.1 miles next November. I am the first to admit I am by no means a runner. Ha, I was that kid in gym class that would "forget" their gym clothes on a weekly basis especially on days that we had to RUN THE MILE! Yes I said THE meaning one. But hey give me some credit, I've changed and become more active now than I was than! I feel confident in this goal since I have given myself plenty of time to train. With a runner like Daddy in the family he better not let me fail at this! We actually ran (When I say you ran, I mean you enjoyed sitting in the carriage while Daddy pushed you) around winnikinni as a family just the other day so I am off to a great start! I've been running at least every other day using the couch to 5k as guidance. All this training has gotten Mommy to eat much healthier foods and even lose 6 pounds so far! I already have a lot more energy to chase you around and since you will be walking any day now I am sure going to need all the energy I can get!
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." John Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hold her hands....She holds our hearts!
Olivia Taylor Powell
04/02/2009
7lbs 0 oz 19 in