Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Fundays!


I live for days like today! It's the only day all week we can actually relax as a family and do nothing at all. Sleep in...enjoy breakfast in bed, and the aroma of french vanilla coffee brewing downstairs. Sit on the deck in my pajamas with my coffee and read my new book "twenties girl" I finally decide to take a long shower and make myself presentable to spend the day at the spa....ahhh wouldn't that be nice?! mmm yeah thats not happening, at least for another 18 years. Mommy and Daddy's days of sleeping in have been long gone. A girl can still dream though....right?
Our Sundays usually begin around 7 am, this Sunday you did let us sleep til about 7:30! We really did have a perfect day though, better than that made up story of sleeping in and spa time. (really, I wouldnt trade my days with you for any day at the spa!) Instead we went for a run, a 5 mile run. For some reason Daddy thinks its ok to make Mommy go running at 8 am before she even gets a cup of coffee and try to push her to run the whole 5 miles! I'm sorry you had to witness me yelling at Daddy today, but really, 5 miles on an empty stomach and no coffee equals a grouchy Mommy! When all is said and done though, I'm so proud of myself for running as long as I did and for some reason I guess I should probably send a shout out Thank you to Daddy. Olivia its almost as if you know you have to help Mommy out here too. You didn't cry once while sitting in your carriage, you really enjoyed looking at the trees and watching the birds as Daddy dodged the washed out running trail trying not to give you an uncomfortable ride! Hopefully pretty soon you and Daddy will be waiting at the finish line of Mommy's very first race! All in all today was a great day! We saw Bridget, Auntie Jenny, Uncle Derek, Grammy and Granpa! You were so good, laughing smiling and being your normal fun self! No fussing at dinner or at bedtime! What a great day we had with you. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hold her hands....She holds our hearts!
Olivia Taylor Powell
04/02/2009
7lbs 0 oz 19 in