Thursday, September 30, 2010

everyday we are one step closer to a toddler...


What baby? Whenever I see people I havent seen in quite some time they ask me how the baby is. What baby are they referring to? I no longer have a baby, and the more I think about it the more it makes me sad. Dont get me wrong, I will always remember the newborn smell you carried around, how you fit so perfectly into my arms, and spending long nights awake with you. Every stage you go through is more and more fun and those memories are so close to my heart that I just have to close my eyes and everything is there like it was just yesterday. Somehow though between then and now you transformed into this little person with your own attitude, likes, dislikes, and view on this world. You know exactly what you want and you have learned how to let us know when it isnt what you want. Tommorow you are going to be one and half years old....you are sleeping in a toddler bed, drinking from cups, using a fork and spoon to eat, saying more words that I could list here, and continuing to amaze us everyday. Sometimes Mommy and Daddy have to remind ourselves that yes you are ONLY a year and a half old....if we say "Olivia do you want to take a nap?" and you sternly shake your head and say "No" well you still probably need that nap. As sure as you may seem and as much as it makes us laugh you are still our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hold her hands....She holds our hearts!
Olivia Taylor Powell
04/02/2009
7lbs 0 oz 19 in