Monday, October 4, 2010

Rainy days lead to baking days!
















This week has rain in the forecast for everyday up until Thursday, so what better to do then stay in PJ's all day and bake! That's just what we did....throw in some Mickey Mouse clubhouse and The Wiggles and we had a pretty perfect day! Not to mention the fact that you decided it was a good idea to skip your nap...AGAIN....so you are sound asleep at 6:40 pm which is a pretty good deal for Mommy since she can blog, clean, and catch up on things that need to get done around the house.
I'm not so sure you were really into the whole baking thing, you enjoyed smashing the pots and pans together and being the taste tester, so we made a good team! We brought our baked goods over to Grammy and Grandpas house, Sue next door, and Auntie and Uncle Derek's. I think they were a huge hit!
So what did we make??? Homemade apple pie cupcakes! Everything was made from scratch, the cupcake batter and frosting! This was a first for Mommy since she normally buys the boxed stuff. I found an awesome blog called annies-eats.com She made everything look so easy to make homemade and the taste difference was huge! If the time allows for it Mommy will continue to make our baked goods from scratch. I also have a list a mile long of recipes from Annie's blog that we just have to try! Looks like baking will be our new thing in order to put a dent in the list of goods I want to make!

4 comments:

  1. Those look SO yummy! Your blog is adorable, I love your style. I look forward to following you are having some good chats in our hedgehog tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. It is a great rainy day activity.

    Stopping from Tribe Hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! Now I'm hungry.

    I found you through tribe hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great. I am drowning in 40 lbs of apples right now. My daughter just couldn't stop picking! So I am making anything and everything out of apples that I can think of. Did you know that you can premake apple pie filling and then freeze it so that the pie can be made at a later date. Our freezer is so full of apple pie filling you would think i ran a bakery!
    Another Hedgehog stopping by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

We hold her hands....She holds our hearts!
Olivia Taylor Powell
04/02/2009
7lbs 0 oz 19 in